Sunday, December 11, 2022

Momento

 


Lunchbox
Materials: Blue fabric, cherry wood, blue zipper
4"W x 4"L x .5"H





Artist Statement:

This sculpture reflects when Nana would pick me up after school and take me to swimming lessons. She used to pack a navy blue lunch box with snacks for me; at the bottom of the lunchbox would always be chocolate, which was my favorite. I used navy blue fabric to represent the lunchbox and hand-sewed it together. I also used a navy blue zipper to represent the zipper on the lunchbox and the act of opening and closing it. I also added a piece of fabric to represent the handle. The chocolate bar is made out of cherry wood and represents the many chocolates my Nana would pack for me.













No comments:

Post a Comment

Cabinet of Curiosity

  Organic Materials: Fabric, black foam board, straight pins, wood, air dry clay, resin teeth, colored thread, twin, black masking tape 14&q...